Tuesday 5 July 2011

the best espresso-chocolate chip cookies .. ever!

I haven't been blogging recently, mostly because I've been on vacation and haven't had much time to myself. I figured I'd share an easy and delish recipe I got from a co-worker of mine. Coffee and chocolate chip cookies?! devine.



1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1-3 tablespoons sugar (I use only 1 tbsp)
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. instant espresso powder
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream butter and sugars using an electric mixer until fluffy (approx. 30 sec)
2) Beat in egg and vanilla
3) In a mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients and beat into butter mixture. Stir in espresso powder and chocolate chips
4) Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tbsp measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press dough with back of spoon to spread into a 2inch circle.
5) Bake for 17-20 mins or until light brown

*Sometimes I add more espresso and less chocolate chips, only because I'm a coffee junkie. Also, I usually take my cookies out 2-3 minuties earlier than the recipe says, which is what makes them chewy.


nomnom, enjoy!
LIA xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment